Beywiki's 7th Anniversary!!

Guess what, World Bladers? This website opened 7 years ago today! It's time to celebrate Beywiki!!

Since it's still a work in progress, there aren't big changes as much as encouragements for you all to contribute to the max to this awesome project!

More kid-friendly

Admittedly, Beywiki doesn't visually appeal to kids, especially considering the numerous paragraphs of accurate and in-depth content we have, so to try and remedy this issue to possibly widen our audience, we're introducing the Bad, OK, and Great banners!

[Image: BeywikiBannerBad.jpg]

[Image: BeywikiBannerOK.jpg]

[Image: BeywikiBannerGreat.jpg]

Do you see a familiar face around? That's right, Blader DJ's here to help you understand whether a part is good or not!

These banners will be added to each part description like this:

[Image: BeywikiBannersExample.jpg]

(Leave us some time though, since we've got quite a few Beyblade articles to go through to add all the banners!)

That way, it's visually easy to identify whether a Beyblade is made of worthy parts and how many of them it has. Well, that's on top of the innovative feature we have, the Usefulness Categorization!

A thread will soon be created in the Beywiki Project forum where you'll be able to help and post which articles you have added the banners to just so we can verify that nothing was mislabeled. Stay tuned for the link to this topic, and thanks in advance for your help!

Have you got other ideas to improve Beywiki and make it kid-friendly? You can submit them here, or in the Suggestions for the Wiki thread.

On top of that, I've been doing some much needed updates, such as finally adding articles for accessories on Beywiki. It's not done yet though, so be slightly more patient!

Current Project of the Moment

That's right, it's time for another one of these!

The newest Project of the Moment's goal is to focus on the plastics and HMS articles, since they're lacking some love! It was brought to our attention, notably, that the Random Boosters articles for those generations needed some work, so that'll be on our list, but here are other subjects you can help with if you're knowledgeable about HMS and Plastics or that you own several of them at least:
  • Working on the few articles on plastic Beyblades that currently display inaccurate descriptions;
  • Write articles about Aero Knight MS and Dranzer MF;
  • Write articles for the several plastic Beyblades missing an article!

Discuss your desired contribution to this project and other ideas you think should be done in this area in the official thread for the Project of the Moment:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Project-...-the-roots

Introducing... WBO Anime and Manga!

Just because we're the most hardcore community for Beyblade metagame analysis doesn't mean that we've got no ties to the anime and manga attached to that game, and I used to own a website called Beyblade Spirit which mostly focused on that, so it's the perfect opportunity to bring that back to the public, since there's quite a lot of exclusive content there already! Give it up for the Beyblade Spirit encyclopedia!

The way it will work is that, since for some reason it got a lot of SPAM bots already, at least for the beginning all edits will have to go through me. We do want to moderate the quality of what gets published anyway, just like for Beywiki, so that's hitting two targets with one stone anyway.

I've already added all the content I had written for Beyblade Spirit back then, so there's a lot you can read and look at already, but to help add content, you can post right there:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...cyclopedia

I think the anime is what makes most of us really nostalgic, and this wiki has a lot of running-down-the-memory-lane to bring you!

Face Contest: Design a WBO T-Shirt!

We're looking for design suggestions for what you think a WBO T-shirt should be (besides our current WBO logo, white T-shirt) and a few of you have offered to work on it in the past, so let's see you run wild with ideas for a shirt that would fully represent the World Beyblade Organization!

All details can be found in the following topic:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Face-Con...BO-T-Shirt

The contest ends on October 31st 2014 at 11:59:59 PM EST!

BeyChannel: DIR EN BEY Toronto tournament footage added!

A new video has been added to the Beyblade Channel, and it's the footage of the DIR EN BEY tournament that happened in Toronto back in November 2013, so enjoy the show!

Winner of the Passport Holder Giveaway

In almost record time, the winner of the brand new black Rev-Up Launcher that was up for grabs for Passport Holders only is...

Sniper! Congrats! You can claim your prize by contacting Kei and you can post your Face Booster selection right here. Enjoy!

We hope that you'll all be able to be a part of the celebrations in one way or another, and remember that Beywiki, and now the Beyblade Spirit encyclopedia too, will always exist thanks to the members of this amazing community!
Wow, what a day. To all the members- Happy Anniversary! Grin

Not sure what I'd be doing right now Beyblade-wise without this site... definitely wouldn't have been to Toronto- that's for sure.

BeyWiki/WBO for life.
I like the beywiki banner update.
Time to take a look at the video and other links
Awesome news guys!

I remember asking you once Kai-V if we could make Anime/Manga articles for characters (not sure if you remember, hah) so happy to see that!

Wow 7th year lol.
Such amazing news, I'm really happy to see our community ending up making it this far, this is quite a huge milestone!

I truly do love this forum!

Now get on to the new promotions, haha.
Happy birthday WBO, 7th years, wow, awesome.
Whew..So glad i signed up in 2012 XD!

But this isn't about me its about its about the WBO,Well then..Happy Birthday!
All types of awesome today! Thanks a lot and happy anniversary everyone! I'll take green please.
w00t! Go Sniper! Yay!
I'm happy I could be here for this. Happy Anniversary Beywiki!
It's time to beyblade! and study more beyblade!
HBD WBO.
I'm glad I joined; you guys really inspired me to buy everything I wanted as a kid Smile
Happy 7th Birthday Beywiki, I never knew you have gotten so old so now put on your big kid pants.
Woot woot. Happy anniversary Grin
Happy Birthday WBO! Have some cake! Oh, wait. I ate it all... Back on topic, thank you Kai-V, Kei and all the other staff for keeping it alive for this long!
Happy anniversary! All of these new projects are really awesome, and I hope I can help out somehow.
So much to read! Really cool to see that Beywiki has been around this long and still continues to change and improve.
Congratulations everybody! 7 years! This is great. Thanks to the committee for all the work they put into this.

Congrats Sniper!
happy 7th years hah! nice to see WBO go this far! three tumbs up for the committees!
Happy anniversary!!! Good job everyone in keeping the community alive! Grin
Happy Birthday Beywiki! Those Blader DJ banners are both hilarious and strangely useful; happy to see them implemented. And I can't wait to see the T-Shirt designs submitted for the Face Contest!

I say this on every anniversary, but it's hard to believe it's been so long. I created my account on October 8th, 2007: approximately 2,554 days ago. DJ - Shock!
Yo everyone, this is the birthday of Beywiki; the World Beyblade Organization came later~
oh. sorry about that ^^' hah! Happy beywiki anniversary hah!
(Oct. 08, 2014  2:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yo everyone, this is the birthday of Beywiki; the World Beyblade Organization came later~

LOL @ all of us Joyful_2
if you didn't say that i wonder how many people wouldn't have noticed.
(Oct. 08, 2014  2:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yo everyone, this is the birthday of Beywiki; the World Beyblade Organization came later~
Lol! I was waiting for someone to notice that the date was a little early for the WBO anniversary. Anyway, the "kid-friendly" feature has my approval. I think a general revamp with more bullets & stats instead of just blocks of text might be a good idea in the future as well, since that was why I went to Beyblade Wiki over Beywiki when I first got into Beyblade.
Congratulations! Happy birthday beywiki! Great news Smile
Happy 7th Anniversary! Excited to work with everyone on the new updates.