BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D Draft - Finished!

To DO:

1. Remove NSK paragraph

2. Remove Unlikely [can that be kept or edited]

So should I do these?
Just replace the word 'NSK' with 'Shielded Ball Bearings', not the whole thing, haha.

Yeah remove the 'unlike other metal frames' sentence.

Other than that, this is really looking good now.
Still don't see the point of the description of the structure of ball bearings. Uncertain

Also, I'd reword the metal frame section to say something like:

"The Metal Frame is the main cause of Phantom's great performance, focusing almost all of the weight on the outer edge of the wheel. This produces excellent stamina and balance. It is also the source of the 4D Wheel's Mode Change."

But that might just be me.

Other than that it's very nice. There are a couple of spots where it's somewhat awkwardly worded, but nothing major.
This is what gets me, two different thoughts..

I would do both if it were possible, but in the past I've had horrible experiences with some situation like this.
I don't think Shaba directly counteracted me or me him.

Shaba, any input on what I wrote?
For the ball bearings, I don't see the harm in having the description, only because it doesn't take the majority of the section. It's only one sentence in the second paragraph, so I think it's fine.

For the Metal Frame, go for it, I like it.
Mmm, true, though I should really get around to writing a proper article for bearings... If I ever get around to that I'll bring it back up if I remember.
Okay so I added the metal frame info th!nk posted, now what to do with the bearings guys?

Leave it, like it was suggested some posts above or what? I need a final "statement".
Bearing is much larger than those used in plastic generations. It is a shielded ball bearing, same as before, though.

That said, I think we've missed something. That is, it's usage for attack, which still needs looking into. Admittedly, it's not really up to the high standard of Variares, but it is a very capable wheel, aided by it's stamina and the flywheel effect (if you can find some info on burn-based attackers, it's the same concept). Jus' saying, we may want to look into that before we put the article up. (Though I wouldn't mind if we added it later, that's not beywiki practice).

EDIT: Definitely deserves an attack section, the very specific combo MF-F Phantom (attack) Cancer AD145RF is rather impressive.
I'm not adding anything like that until there are legitimate tests to support so.

I have such reasoning only because these drafts should be including combinations that excel in their type, not ones that could be classified "mediocre" or "quite impressive".
There is a fairly good deal of Attack testing already... it's not as good as Blitz or Vari, but it's better than Gravity and LLD. That is worthy of mention.
Even if it turns out that it's not top-tier, the attack potential has to be mentioned, as it is known to have at least decent attack, and there is no mention of this in the article. The flywheel effect contributes to this attack, it makes its hits much harder to interrupt. Again, looking up the discussion of brun-based attack will help with that when the time comes.

That said, tests will be done in time. This is an issue with rushing to write articles for beys that have only been recently released. As much as it is good to have drafts up quickly, doing drafts too soon gives a fair chance that we will miss something that has taken longer to find.

Hazel: I'd add the disclaimer that whilst it's not as good in terms of pure attack, it's stamina and lower recoil gives it an edge in certain situations.
I meant to type Gravity. Corrected it.
Under 4D Metal Wheel Phantom in the 1st paragraph, you can take away the "added" in front of the "flywheel effect" because you were already mentioning that it is being provided.

Need a space in "TheCore" under Phantom's Core.
EDITED, please reply if I should add/remove something.
Overall its great. I would add that some unlucky people B:D's come broken/bad out of the box witch results in low spin time. Also there is a vid on a way to fix this issue without taking the 4D bottom apart.
It's not even confirmed, it was an affair between what? 5 people..
I am quite sure it happened, honestly. It may be worth a small note at the bottom of B: D's section.
(Nov. 24, 2011  5:59 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: It's not even confirmed, it was an affair between what? 5 people..

The manufacturing defects in the early line of B:Ds were quite real, and worth mentioning.
Thank you. But are the new ones still defective?
I haven't heard of any recently, but the molds still did have differing spin times, iirc. However, that could've been attributed purely to inconsistencies in launching.
That's is just one repercussion I am trying to avoid, at least for that addition of that particular fact.
The variance is spin times for B:D is real and it is large. I have some that spin for 6+ mins and some that spin for 2.5 mins. I launch the same as I always do and it is the parts that are varying in their performance.

If nothing else, there should be mention made that there is significant sample-to-sample variation in the spin times of individual B:D bottoms.
Oh no, I was not disagreeing to that. It was rather what Hazel had stated..

I'll try to then, thank you.