World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread (/Thread-General-Yu-Gi-Oh-Thread)

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Roan - Jun. 23, 2011

(Jun. 23, 2011  9:58 PM)Odin Wrote: Like so:
Chain Link 1: Player 1 Synchro Summons Hundred-Eyes Dragon, and activates its ability with priority, choosing "Infernity Mirage". Infernity Mirage is Removed From Play.
Chain Link 2: Player 2 activates Solemn Warning. Player 2 pays 2000 Life Points.
Chain Link 3: Player 1 activates Solemn Judgement. Player 1 pays 1/2 his/her Life Points.
The Chain resolves. Solemn Judgement, as Link 3, negates Warning, which cannot negate Hundred-Eyes Dragon's Special Summon. Hundred-Eyes gains the name and effect of Infernity Mirage. Then, the game continues on.

This example is wrong for a lot of reasons.

Solemn Warning would outright negate the summon if it was activated -- when a counter trap is activated, because of its spell speed, Priority cannot be called on a creature effect. If you were to Solemn Judgment the activation of the Solemn Warning, then everything would resolve normally and you could THEN activate Hundred Eyes Dragon's effect to remove Infernity Mirage. Removing Mirage is a cost for the effect of HED, so if HED is technically never on the field (due to Solemn Warning attempting to negate the summon), you couldn't activate its effect. A creature has to successfully be summoned before it can activate its effect.

Had you used Bottomless Trap Hole in this example instead of Solemn Warning, then you would've been right.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Odin - Jun. 24, 2011

(Jun. 23, 2011  11:05 PM)Roan Wrote: This example is wrong for a lot of reasons.

Solemn Warning would outright negate the summon if it was activated -- when a counter trap is activated, because of its spell speed, Priority cannot be called on a creature effect. If you were to Solemn Judgment the activation of the Solemn Warning, then everything would resolve normally and you could THEN activate Hundred Eyes Dragon's effect to remove Infernity Mirage. Removing Mirage is a cost for the effect of HED, so if HED is technically never on the field (due to Solemn Warning attempting to negate the summon), you couldn't activate its effect. A creature has to successfully be summoned before it can activate its effect.

Had you used Bottomless Trap Hole in this example instead of Solemn Warning, then you would've been right.

Wow. I was wrong on that one. Thanks for clearing that up for me, Roan. I guess my understanding of some of these points aren't as good as they should be....

And, I had an idea for a combo (albeit unorthodox and nigh doomed to fail). Synchro HED. Use its effect on Mirage, w/ Field Spell (any) present. Take Archfiend+Necromancer. Use the effect of Archfiend on Launcher, if still in deck. Use HED on any Earthbound Immortal. Sacrifice Necro+Archfiend for EI. Launcher, and take Necro and Archfiend. Necro effect on Avenger, if in grave, and Archfiend on Barrier. Set Barrier and Synchro.

As I said, nearly doomed to fail, right from the start. But still, might put some new blood back in Infernity?

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Roan - Jun. 24, 2011

(Jun. 24, 2011  2:07 AM)Odin Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2011  11:05 PM)Roan Wrote: This example is wrong for a lot of reasons.

Wow. I was wrong on that one. Thanks for clearing that up for me, Roan. I guess my understanding of some of these points aren't as good as they should be....

And, I had an idea for a combo (albeit unorthodox and nigh doomed to fail). Synchro HED. Use its effect on Mirage, w/ Field Spell (any) present. Take Archfiend+Necromancer. Use the effect of Archfiend on Launcher, if still in deck. Use HED on any Earthbound Immortal. Sacrifice Necro+Archfiend for EI. Launcher, and take Necro and Archfiend. Necro effect on Avenger, if in grave, and Archfiend on Barrier. Set Barrier and Synchro.

As I said, nearly doomed to fail, right from the start. But still, might put some new blood back in Infernity?

An Infernity deck actually just got 2nd place at the most recent YCS tournament, check out his deck list. http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/?p=6179

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - 桃太郎 - Jun. 26, 2011

So I went to my locals, and went 2-2 today. Not too bad, considering I'm just getting used to how the Counter Agent Deck works. I was only able to get a hold of one Meltiel, but I'll be getting more on Monday. First two games were against GK's. And that just made me frown... then I went against Blackwings and won, and I did the same to Plants.

I drew bad a lot of times... and I really need those Meltiels.

Overall, when I played for fun, it destroyed a lot of people.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Void - Jun. 26, 2011

To be honest I have not been in a yugioh tourny(lol) but no one has beaten my deck before, I have beat a metamorphic deck, dragon, some random deck and my friend has a slowly killing deck(The cards are like Marshmalon, Giant germ or somethin, and that bird thing that flips over to make you loose 1000 life points.
Anyway my deck is a light and dark deck which includes what i call the three legandark dragons and there all limited edition so i will not trade!
They are light and darkness dragon, Montage Dragon and Chaos Emperor Dragon envoy of the end. My ace of the deck is Magestic Meck Goryu and my deck is based on healing life points and having Honest in my deck is very useful. So basically my deck is based on healing myself and crushing the oponent and with a light and dark deck i can summon Chaos Emperor Dragon easily but montage dragon is a trouble and most of my monsters are have around 4- stars but of course i have 5+ monsters but with more 4- i can summon mor monsters easily.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - 桃太郎 - Jun. 26, 2011

This is the Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Thread. Please use it to discuss your Deck.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Odin - Jun. 28, 2011

Quick question. For future reference, could you summon XYZ-Dragon Cannon with X-Head Cannon, Y-Dragon Head, and Z-Metal Tank already being used as the Xyz Material for something like Vylon Disigma? Do you still "control" them, as necessary for XYZ-Dragon Cannon?

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Priscient - Jun. 28, 2011

....I hope you know that those are two completely different things... LOL.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Daegor42 - Jun. 28, 2011

(Jun. 28, 2011  2:06 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: ....I hope you know that those are two completely different things... LOL.

His question makes sense if you bother to read it properly without jumping to conclusions.

And no, it won't work, because Xyz materials do not count as being on the field, so you do not control them.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Priscient - Jun. 28, 2011

....Ah, okay I understand what he was trying to say.
Sorry Odin for Mis-understanding. Lips_sealed

If he used something like Glads as an example it would've been easier.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - 12345jacob12345 - Jul. 01, 2011

I have just purchased a playset of reborn tengu's and genex ally birdman's...AWESOMENESS!!!!! i'm going to build a tengu synchro deck!

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Priscient - Jul. 01, 2011

Speaking of Reborn Tengu, I just learned today that it's hitting around the 20$ mark for one... Lips_sealed

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - TENKAGE - Jul. 01, 2011

I don't mean to change the flow of the conversation here but it just occurred to me that the anouncer with the pompadore hair in yugioh 5ds is a total rip off of GWAR's manager sleazy p. martini. now thats kind of weird because yugioh and GWAR only have the remotist things in common.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Dude - Jul. 01, 2011

You sure love that Gwar thing, don't you?

Many anime and manga characters have similar hairstyles or physical appearances as other characters from different show. It could be an intentionnal rip-off or hommage or it could be incidental, it doesn't really matter.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Gamer420 - Jul. 01, 2011

Tengu at $20 a piece? That's about £18 right? Shoot! I had 2 Ultra Tengu which I traded when they were worth £5.

Also, I went to locals yesterday, 3-0. 1 was by default though because the guy didn't show up. I played a fail Yusei deck and GB's, but the GB player wasn't very good, He had about 2-3 Hoplomus, I've realised from the GB player, my deck NEEDS BRD, He got about 4 DEF monsters, and I could synch for 7 T_T Three of us (Me, Meforthewin and another guy at locals.) All pulled TU05, Meforthewin got a rare Puppet Plant, The guy got something bad, I don't remember what it was, and I pulled an Ulti Colossal Grin

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Black_Rose - Jul. 01, 2011

£18 serious? In Newcastle they still go for 6 - 8.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - 桃太郎 - Jul. 01, 2011

Hey, if anyone's on Dueling Network, I'm "Momotarou" over there. I got schooled by Daegor's Agent build (I'm still waiting for it, xD). I love the fact that unlike KCVDS, DN actually updates their Card database.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Temporal - Jul. 01, 2011

(Jul. 01, 2011  4:16 PM)BFireblaze 6509 Wrote: Tengu at $20 a piece? That's about £18 right? Shoot! I had 2 Ultra Tengu which I traded when they were worth £5.

Also, I went to locals yesterday, 3-0. 1 was by default though because the guy didn't show up. I played a fail Yusei deck and GB's, but the GB player wasn't very good, He had about 2-3 Hoplomus, I've realised from the GB player, my deck NEEDS BRD, He got about 4 DEF monsters, and I could synch for 7 T_T Three of us (Me, Meforthewin and another guy at locals.) All pulled TU05, Meforthewin got a rare Puppet Plant, The guy got something bad, I don't remember what it was, and I pulled an Ulti Colossal Grin

Hah, lucky. The only thing I ever win at tournaments are packs of Extreme Victory and Hidden Arsenal 4. (At least I got Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk.) I just won my last tournament because someone was VERY careless with Synchro Summoning with Asterisk on the field. I'm confused on why he kept Synchro Summoning with only 4500 LP left, anyway. He Syncro Summoned four times, getting a Junk Archer, Junk Warrior, Turbo Warrior and Road Warrior. Needless to say, I pointed out that he had only 500 LP left, and Asterisk had 4800 ATK. Of course, he didn't care. So, next turn, I activated Mektimed Blast with a Meklord Army of Skiel to get rid of Turbo, and Special Summoned Emperor Skeil. Equip Junk Archer, sacrifice it, and attack for game. Sadly, I didn't get that lucky the next time, and actually had to do some work. (The next round took forever. Remind me to never take out TGX300.)

EDIT: I might hop on DN. If I do, look for "Megaknight".

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Gamer420 - Jul. 01, 2011

(Jul. 01, 2011  8:35 PM)Black_Rose Wrote: £18 serious? In Newcastle they still go for 6 - 8.

I know, I don't understand why it's so over priced either. I'm trying to get a playset of Tengu for my Colossal, or something worth £15 that I need, Maybe Catastor.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Odin - Jul. 01, 2011

Found a pretty good deal on some Infernity stuff I need on eBay. Here's hoping it lasts three more days...

Also testing Meklords on DN. Checking to see if it'll work well. So far, it does. Thinkin' of building that, too.

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Temporal - Jul. 01, 2011

They shut down Stardust and his buddies if you play them right. (I mean, nobody likes paying a whopping 1000 LP just to Synchro Summon, right? Plus, the monster will probably be swiped the next turn by Skiel anyway. Well, if you pack Mektimed Blast and Self-Mummification, at least.)

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Gamer420 - Jul. 07, 2011

Great news people! in the new Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal tins (TCG), Pot of Duality....... IS A SUPER RARE PROMO, F*** YEAH!

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Raigeko13 - Jul. 07, 2011

Nice. Hope I can grab a Zexal tin and get some newer cards. I'm starting to get back into YGO, and Zexal will be a new beginning ^-^

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Odin - Jul. 07, 2011

Great! That means, even though I don't currently use them, they'll become more readily available to me, and my immediate family! And everyone else.... Is it any good in Infernity? [just wondering, Tongue_out_wink]

RE: General Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread - Ryuk - Jul. 07, 2011

Oh yeah! So getting one of these tins when they come out! Even if the rest of the tin is filled with carp!