[Bethesda, MD] 01/19/13 - New Year, Old Formats! (HMS, Plastics, MFB)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

Events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

New Year, Old Formats!

[Image: lego-new-year.jpg]

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for our January tournament being held Bethesda Marriott in Bethesda, MD on Saturday, January 19, 2013.

New Year, Old Formats! will consist of the 3 tournaments celebrating the 3 Beyblade formats we said goodbye to after Zero-G hit the scene: MFB, HMS, and Plastics!

In addition to having Zero-G products for sale I will also have a limited selection of brand new HMS and Plastics for sale for those who are interested in playing in the 2 older formats. Prices for the older beys are a bit more due to rarity, but will run between $25-40 on the low end. PM me for more details.

Location: The Bethesda Marriott Hotel: 5151 Pooks Hill Road, Bethesda, MD in the Norwood Room? Ask at the front desk as I'm not sure which room we are in now. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/trav...-marriott/

The Bethesda Marriott Hotel is located just west of the intersection of 495, 270, and 355 (Rockville Pike). Parking in the surrounding neighborhood is available for free on Pooks Hill Road, but space is limited and first come first served! Otherwise there is parking in the Marriott Lot for $15.

MFB Start time: Noon-thirty on the dot
HMS and Plastics Start time: Approximately 3pm
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
MFB Stadium: BB-10 Attack
HMS and Plastics Stadium: Tornado Attack
Surface: Carpet
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport) + a $5 room fee

HMS Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: FaceBoosterMAROON.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: FaceBoosterFLAXEN.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: FaceBoosterCELESTE.png]

Plastics Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: FaceBoosterMAROON.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: FaceBoosterFLAXEN.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: FaceBoosterCELESTE.png]

MFB Prizes: Plastics and Zero-G beys (TBD)

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it - and for which tournament or tournaments you are confirmed!

MFB:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Unstoppable
  4. gullwhiz
  5. *Ginga*
  6. Tech
  7. Stars
  8. *AJ*
  9. Time
  10. night wing 247
  11. geetster99
  12. G-SHOCK
  13. Black Wing (maybe)
  14. beymaster15963
  15. Sonikkubey
  16. J o nâ„¢
  17. Beymysterio
  18. Rip Blader 3
  19. Fusion Blader
  20. MFB-revolution
  21. Unstoppable

HMS:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. *Ginga*
  4. Tech
  5. Stars
  6. *AJ*
  7. Time
  8. geetster99
  9. beymaster15963

Plastics:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. *Ginga*
  4. Stars
  5. Time
  6. geetster99
  7. beymaster15963

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

but what if a non passport holder is only doing 1 event. wouldent it make sence for the to pay the room fee
I would make sense, probably if someone wanted to do all 3 events they wouldn't have to pay the fee. if they just wants to do 1 event probably they would pay the fee anyway.
hey do u hav 2 post a reply 2 go
Umm, it is better to say, "i am going" than to just go, so we can know how many people are coming, etc.
I will have 2 others with me Smile they will sign up there.
anyone wanna let me borrow a phantom core?

(Jan. 16, 2013  5:02 AM)*AJ* Wrote: anyone wanna let me borrow a phantom core?
I have one you can borrow. PM me if you need more details. Smile
Hey guys i was wandering if Anyone has another BB-10 attack type stadium they can sell for like 30 dollars or alittle higher like 35 or somethin cause im really inturested in buying one unless theyre gonna sell at the tourney please let me know if u would like to sell.
I'm planning on going! If I buy a passport tomorrow, am I still paying room fee on top of that?
@Torchgasher Yes.
apparently I think yes.

As far I know

Passport holders=Pay room fee

Non-passport holder= MFB/Plastic/HMS only= pay fee, all three/two event=no fee to pay.

for passport holders my guess is you don't have to pay since it will be $15 total.
Rip Blader and Fusion Blader will be there!
You already posted ...
(Jan. 11, 2013  4:59 PM)Stars Wrote: But I was thinking that Passport holder would have to pay the room fee tho...

CONFIRMED:
Non passport bladers don't have to pay the room fee

Bladers with Passport have to pay room fee.

Everyone has to pay the room fee, but only once.

Looking forward to seeing everyone today!
Ok, anyone who can bring your yu-go-oh cards. My friend & AJ are so far.
First finals for me in hms, my cockiness in my dragoon led to 0-4 there though...
i proved even you can even win with outclassed!
Who were the winners for all 3 tournaments(3 formats=3 tournaments)?
They couldn't do plastic so only MFB and HMS

MFB:
1st:geester99
2nd:Jon (came back from the dead)
3rd:Tech

HMS:
1st geester99 (yes went back to back)-juriya with rubber grip
Idk rest.

Plastic next month
HMS:
1st geester
2nd Tech
3rd me
I warned you, Time. I warned you. I'm the last person you want to get cocky with Wink

I did way better than I thought I would today. The competition was fierce, and it was really intense. Got 3rd in MFB, (That's 1 place face and a prize, which was a Phantom Orion) and 2nd in HMS. (That's 1 place face and a FLAXEN booster) Wolborg MS is definitely worth how much I paid for it, considering what it did for me xD Seems I'm better at HMS than MFB/Zero-G.

Sucks we didn't have time for Plastics though. I'll definitely be looking forward to that next month Grin

As I promised, just as Careless Whisper by George Michael was one of NC's anthems for their tournament, this one was ours! Grin
who knows what it really was one battle there was dubstep and the next one was linken park it made no sense
(Jan. 20, 2013  12:56 AM)Tech Wrote: I warned you, Time. I warned you. I'm the last person you want to get cocky with Wink

I did way better than I thought I would today. The competition was fierce, and it was really intense. Got 3rd in MFB, (That's 1 place face and a prize, which was a Phantom Orion) and 2nd in HMS. (That's 1 place face and a FLAXEN booster) Wolborg MS is definitely worth how much I paid for it, considering what it did for me xD Seems I'm better at HMS than MFB/Zero-G.

Sucks we didn't have time for Plastics though. I'll definitely be looking forward to that next month Grin

As I promised, just as Careless Whisper by George Michael was one of NC's anthems for their tournament, this one was ours! Grin

Actually that was the unoffical theme for Roll Call/Crusade. Thanks to Spinster/Valentin. But we did steal it for that. Wait until you see the Video Theme for Colosseum
(Jan. 20, 2013  1:14 AM)geetster99 Wrote: who knows what it really was one battle there was dubstep and the next one was linken park it made no sense
But everyone was begging for him to switch it off xD